Hay, D. R. (David Ramsay), 1798-1866, The science of beauty , 1856
The science of beauty : as developed in nature and applied in art / by D.R. Hay.
- Edinburgh ; W. Blackwood and sons, 1856.
London : W. Blackwood and sons, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 108 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN76 H42 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Ballantyne and Company, Paul's Work.
BAC: Additional notes on scale of objects placed in object file.
Illustrations by G. Aikman; after D.R. Hay.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped brown publisher's binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics.Ballantyne and Company -- Printer.Blackwood, W. and sons -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1856.Nature (Aesthetics)Proportion (Art)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.