An introduction to perspective, drawing, and painting : in a series of pleasing and familiar dialogues between the author's children : illustrated by appropriate plates and diagrams, and a sufficiency of practical geometry, and a compendium of genuine instruction, comprising a progressive and complete body of information, carefully adapted for the instruction of females, and suited equally to the simplicity of youth and mental maturity / by Mr. Hayter, portrait painter, in miniature and crayons, and teacher of the principal elements of the art.
- The second edition,considerably enlarged and improved.
- London : Published by Black, Parry and Co., Leadenhall Street; sold also by Egerton, Whitehall; Lindsell, corner of Wigmore and Wimpole Streets, Cavendish Square; and by the author, 60, Wells Street, Oxford Street, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 197,  p., [xvii] leaves of plates (5 folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .H48 1815 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .H48 1815 copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- MUDD WB 13950: Poor condition.
Half-title: Hayter's introduction to perspective, drawing, and painting.
Engravings by Turnbull; after Charles Hayter.
"J. Innes, printer, Wells-Street, Oxford-Street, London."--P. 197.
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 in original boards, with printed title label on spine. Publisher's advertisements dated January 1, 1818:  p. tipped in at front. Copy 2 imperfect: frontispiece wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Black, Parry and Co. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Innes, J. -- Printer.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Perspective.
- Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
Hayter, Charles, 1761-1835, An introduction to perspective, drawing, and painting , 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.