Hayter, Charles, 1761-1835, An introduction to perspective, drawing, and painting in a series of pleasing and familiar dialogues between the author's children , 1820
- An introduction to perspective, drawing, and painting in a series of pleasing and familiar dialogues between the author's children : illustrated by appropriate plates and diagrams, and a sufficiency of practical geometry : and a compendium of genuine instruction comprising a progressive and complete body of information carefully adopted for the instructions of females : and suited equally to the simplicity of youth and mental maturity / by Charles Hayter.
- Third edition : considerably enlarged and improved.
- London : Black, Kingsbury, Parbury, and Allen, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 263 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 H48 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Turnbull; after Charles Hayter.
Printed by J.F. Dove, St. John's Square.
Gilpin to Ruskin / exhibition selected and catalogued by Peter Bicknell. London, 1987. 40.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's embossed brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Black, Kingsbury, Parbury, and Allen -- Publisher.Dove, J.R. -- Printer.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1820.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Perspective.
- Handbooks and manuals.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.