An introduction to perspective : practical geometry, drawing and painting : a new and perfect explanation of the mixture of colours : with practical directions for miniature, crayon, and oil painting ... / by Charles Hayter.
- Additional Title(s):
Perspective, practical geometry, drawing and painting.
- Sixth edition.
- London : Samuel Bagster and Sons ..., 1845.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, , 276 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 H48 1845Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title: Perspective, practical geometry, drawing and painting.
First published 1813, with variant sub-title. Fifth edition, 1832, first uses sub-title form above. Cf. NUC, BM.
Titlepage in red and black, title-vignette.
The five colored plates drawn were lithographed by Owen Jones. Cf. p. xiv.
BAC: Bound in blind- stamped green publisher's binding.
Printed by J. Wertheimer and Co., Circus Place, Finsbury Circus.
Frontispiece engraved by J.W. Cook; after J. Hayter.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Study and teaching.J. Wertheimer and Co. -- PrinterPainting -- Study and teaching.Perspective.Samuel Bagster and Sons -- Publisher.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1845.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
YCBA Collections Search
Hayter, Charles, 1761-1835, An introduction to perspective , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.