Campaigning in Kaffirland, or, Scenes and adventures in the Kaffir war of 1851-2 / by Capt. W. R. Ross... ; with illustrations.
- London : Saunders and Otley, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- x, 331 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT77 K45 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Savill and Edwards, Printers, Chandos Street, Covent Garden.
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Abbey, J. R. Travel 342
Illustrations by George Edward Madeley; after W[illiam] R[oss] King.
- Subject Terms:
- Lithogaphy -- Specimens -- 1853 P5Madeley, George Edward -- PrinterSaunders and Otley -- Publisher NSavill and Edwards -- Printer PRINSouth Africa -- History -- Frontier Wars, 1811-1878.Voyages and travels.Xhosa (African people) -- Social life and customs.
YCBA Collections Search
King, William Ross, 1822-1890, Campaigning in Kaffirland, or, Scenes and adventures in the Kaffir war of 1851-2 , 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.