Nautical dictionary / drawn & etched by H. Heath.
- [London] : Published by Charles Tilt, 86, Fleet Street, .
- Physical Description:
- 6 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.H43 N38 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Consists of 47 humorous scenes (on 6 plates), each with caption below.
Plates have imprint published 1829 by Charles Tilt Street.
Published in 1840 as a part of the author's "The caricaturist's scrap book."
BAC: British Art Center copy in original pink illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Caricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1829.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Humor.Satire, English.Tilt, Charles -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.