The sayings of the ancients : illustrated by the doings of the moderns, in twenty-four caricatures.
- Additional Title(s):
Sayings & doings
Sayings and doings
- London : Charles Tilt, 86, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.H44 S29 1831+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Running title: Sayings & doings.
Etchings by and after William Heath.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Engraved throughout, with four caricatures to each leaf (rectos only).
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 304
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed wrappers; publisher's advertisements on back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- 19th century.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.Tilt, C. -- Publisher
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1831.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.