The sayings of the ancients : illustrated by the doings of the moderns, in twenty-four caricatures.
- Additional Title(s):
Sayings & doings
Sayings and doings
- London : Charles Tilt, 86, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.H44 S29 1831+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Running title: Sayings & doings.
Etchings by and after William Heath.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Engraved throughout, with four caricatures to each leaf (rectos only).
Abbey, J.R. Life, 304
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed wrappers; publisher's advertisements on back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- 19th century.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.Tilt, C. -- Publisher
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1831.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.