Heath, William, 1795-1840, Studies from the stage, or The vicissitudes of life, 
Studies from the stage, or The vicissitudes of life
- Additional Title(s):
Studies from the stage
Vicissitudes of life
- London : Pubd. by W. Sams, 1, St. James's Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 25 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2111 .H43 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication from plates.
Etchings by and after William Heath.
Plates 4, 10, 11, 14 and 18 signed: "Drawn & etched by W. Heath"; imprint: "Published by W. Sams Royal Library 1 St. James's St"; dated variously from May through July 1823.
Engraved throughout; with from five to seven images on each plate, each with a caption.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 415
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in quarter dark green roan and publisher's original illustrated boards. Publisher's advertisements on back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Sams, W. -- PublisherSatire, English.Theater -- England -- Pictorial works.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.