A. Hepplewhite and Co, The cabinet-maker and upholsterer's guide, or, Repository of designs for every article of household furniture , MDCCLXXXIX 
- The cabinet-maker and upholsterer's guide, or, Repository of designs for every article of household furniture : in the newest and most approved taste, displaying a great variety of patterns ... : also the plan of a room, shewing the proper distribution of the furniture ... / from drawings by A. Heppelwhite and Co. cabinet-makers.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Cabinet-maker's and upholsterer's guide
Repository of designs for every article of household furniture
- London : Published by I. and J. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, No. 56, Holborn, opposite Great Turn-Stile, MDCCLXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 24,  p., 125 plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2542.H5 C33 1789+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates dated 1787.
Plates 124 and 125 are a double-page image from one copper plate.
ESTC (RLIN), N43593
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary tree calf. Armorial bookplate: George, Earl of Macartney, Knight of the Order of the White Eagle and of the Bath. "A catalogue of modern books on architecture, &c., theoretical, practical, and ornamental; which, with the best ancient authors, are constantly on sale at I. and J. Taylor's Architectural Library, no. 56 High Holborn, London."-- p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Furniture design -- Great Britain -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Furniture making -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Furniture, British -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Macartney, George Macartney, Earl, 1737-1806 -- Bookplate.Pattern books -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Taylor, I. -- Publisher.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.Upholstery -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1789.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.