Hervey, Thomas Kibble, 1799-1859, Illustrations of modern sculpture , 1832
- Illustrations of modern sculpture : a series of engravings, with descriptive prose and illustrative poetry / by T. K. Hervey.
- London : Published for the proprietors, by Relfe and Unwin, Cornhill; Charles Tilt, Fleet Street; and Moon, Boys and Graves, Pall Mall, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pt. : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNB1150 .H5 1832+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Engravings by Peltro William Tompkins, W. Finden, William Thomas Fry, R.H. Dyer, Henry R. Cook, Edward Francis Finden, James Thomson, Benjamin Holl; after H. Corbould, E.T. Parris and Benedetto Pistrucci.
Printed by J. Unwin, White Lion Court, Cornhill.
Pt. 1 has Added engraved t.p. Pt. 2-6 have cover title only.
Issued in parts. Later editions issued in 1834 in one volume.
BM (compact edition) v. 12, 972
BAC: British Art Center copy in original illustrated wrappers. Publisher's advertisements on back cover of pt. . Pts. - have pt. designation marked on front cover in pencil.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1832.Moon, Boys, and Graves -- Publisher.Poetry, English.Relfe and Unwin -- Publisher.Sculpture -- History.Tilt, Charles -- Publisher.Unwin, J. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.