Sketches in Flanders and Holland : with some account of a tour through parts of those countries, shortly after the battle of Waterloo : in a series of letters to a friend / by Robert Hills.
- London : Printed by J. Haines and J. Turner, Margaret Street, Cavendish Square. And sold by John Booth, Duke Street, Portland Place; R. Ackermann, 101, Strand; and W.H. Pyne, No. 9, Nassau Street, Soho, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 215,  p., XXXVI leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDH19.H6 S54 1816+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDH19.H6 S54 1816+ Copy 2 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by John Hill, Joseph Constantine Stadler, Daniel Havell, and John Baily; after Robert Hills.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 186
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 187
Publisher's advertisement, p. .
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, both of which are Abbey copies. Copy 1 (Travel 186) has hand-colored plates. Bound in later half-calf and brown boards; gilt edges. In copy 2 (Travel 187), 31 of the 36 plates are uncolored. Bound in half black morocco with marbled boards. Binders label: Bound by C. LeFeuvre, Beresford Street. Jersey.
- Subject Terms:
- Flanders -- Description and travel -- Views.Haines, J., -- Printer.LeFeuvre, C. -- Bookbinder. (BACRB Copy 2)Netherlands -- Description and travel -- Views.Turner, J., -- Printer.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Aquatints -- 1816.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.