Hiort, John William, 1772-, A practical treatise on the construction of chimneys , 1826
- A practical treatise on the construction of chimneys : containing an examination of the common mode in which they are built : with an accurate description of the newly-invented tunnel ... / by John William Hiort ; illustrated with plates.
- London : Winchester and Varnham, 1826.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 58, 15 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH2281 H5 1826Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Supplement to Mr. Hiort's treatise on the architectural construction of chimneys:  p. at end.
BAC: Author's signature on verso of t.p.
Illustrations after John William Hiort.
- Subject Terms:
- Chimneys.Flues.Hiort, John William, 1772- -- Autograph.Winchester and Varnham -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1826.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.