Historic, military, and naval anecdotes : of personal valour, bravery, and particular incidents which occured to the armies of Great Britain and her allies, in the last long-contested war, terminating with the Battle of Waterloo : under the patronage of, and dedicated with permission to His Royal Highness the Commander in Chief.
- London : Edited and published by, and engraved under the direction of, Edward Orme, publisher to His Majesty, and to His Royal Highness the Prince Regent, Bond Street, corner of Brook Street, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- , 94,  p.,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 38-49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 40 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 40 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by Matthew Dubourg, and J. Clark; after John Augustus Atkinson, William Heath, Franz Jozeph Manskirch, George Scharf, and Richard Dighton.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 376
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.), 353
"Principal subscribers": pages -.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original red half roan and marbled boards. Copy 2 is a large paper copy. Bound in red half levant morocco and red cloth. Stamped in purple ink on title page: George Jameson.
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- History -- 1789-1900.France -- History -- Consulate and First Empire, 1799-1815Great Britain. Royal Navy -- History -- Peninsular War, 1807-1814.Jameson, George -- Stamp.Military history, Modern.Peninsular War, 1807-1814 -- Naval operations, British.Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815 -- In art.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819
Subscriber's lists -- England -- London -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.