IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Orme, Edward, 1775-1848, Historic, military, and naval anecdotes , 1819
Historic, military, and naval anecdotes : of personal valour, bravery, and particular incidents which occured to the armies of Great Britain and her allies, in the last long-contested war, terminating with the Battle of Waterloo : under the patronage of, and dedicated with permission to His Royal Highness the Commander in Chief.
- London : Edited and published by, and engraved under the direction of, Edward Orme, publisher to His Majesty, and to His Royal Highness the Prince Regent, Bond Street, corner of Brook Street, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- , 94,  p.,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 38-49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 40 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 40 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Aquatint engravings by Matthew Dubourg, and J. Clark; after John Augustus Atkinson, William Heath, Franz Jozeph Manskirch, George Scharf, and Richard Dighton.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 353
"Principal subscribers": pages -.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 376
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original red half roan and marbled boards. Copy 2 is a large paper copy. Bound in red half levant morocco and red cloth. Stamped in purple ink on title page: George Jameson.
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- History -- 1789-1900.France -- History -- Consulate and First Empire, 1799-1815Great Britain. Royal Navy -- History -- Peninsular War, 1807-1814.Jameson, George -- Stamp.Military history, Modern.Peninsular War, 1807-1814 -- Naval operations, British.Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815 -- In art.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819
Subscriber's lists -- England -- London -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.