Histories of noble British families : with biographical notices of the most distinguished individuals in each : illustrated by their armorial bearings, portraits, monuments, seals, etc.
- London : William Pickering, 1842-1846.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 56 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 11Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by E. Blore, J. Brown, Day & Haghe, A. Fox, W. Greatbatch, H.B. Hall, W. Pickering, J. Posselwhite, J.G. Waller, W.S. Wilkinson, and Woodman; after J. Basire, G.P. Harding, O. Jewitt, E. Latilla, A.B. Waller, and Zoffany.
Title vignettes; illuminated initials.
Volume 1 originally published in 1842; vol. 2, in 1846. Some copies of volume 1 include two title pages: the original, dated 1842; and a re-set title page, dated 1846.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 403
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary red morocco by Rivière. Volume 1 includes two title pages (dated 1842 and 1846).
- Subject Terms:
- Arden family.Ashburnham family.Bruce family.Cecil family.Compton family.Drummond family.Dunbar family.Dundas family.Great Britain -- Biography.Great Britain -- Genealogy.Harley family.Hume family.Neville family.Percival family.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1842-1846.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1842-1846.
Engravings -- 1842-1846.
Wood engravings -- 1842-1846.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1842-1846.
- v. 1. Families of Ashburnham, Arden, Compton, Cecil, Harley, Bruce
- v. 2. Families of Perceval, Dunbar, Hume, Dundas, Drummond, Neville.