History and present state of Brislington House near Bristol , 1836
- History and present state of Brislington House near Bristol : an asylum for the cure & reception of insane persons, established by Edward Long Fox, M.D. A.D. 1804 : and now conducted by Francis & Charles Fox, M.D.D.
- Bristol : Light & Ridler, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- 10 p. ,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRC450.G7 B8 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by William Willis; after Henry Aston Barker.
With a large engraved title page vignette.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 74
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Stitched, in later (?) brown wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Asylums -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Brislington House -- History.Light & Rider -- Publisher.Mentally ill -- Care -- Great Britain.Psychiatric hospitals -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1836.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.