IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hoare, Richard Colt, Sir, 1758-1838, Elbese scenery , 1828
Elbese scenery : a series of picturesque views in the island of Elba ; formerly the residence of Napoleon Bonaparte / engraved by Messrs. J. Linnell, and J. Powell, and Miss Letitia Byrne ; from engravings taken on the spot by Sir Richard Colt Hoare, Bart.
- [London] : R. Thurston, 160, Fleet Street, 1828.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG975.E3 H63 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title.
Engravings by John Linnell, J. Powell and Letitia Byrne; after John Smith from drawings by Sir Richard Colt Hoare.
BAC: British Art Center copy in printed brown wrappers, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Elba (Italy) -- Description and travel.Elba (Italy) -- Pictorial works.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1828.Islands -- Italy -- Pictorial works.Smith, R. -- Publisher.
- Grand view of the Island of Elba, as seen from the coast of Tuscany
- View of Porto Ferrajo
- Vier of Porto Longone
- View of the entrance to the iron mines
- View of the village of Rio
- View of the Chapel of Santa Catarina
- View of the fortress of Volterajo
- View of the Hermitage of Monserrato.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.