Hoare, Richard Colt, Sir, 1758-1838, Monastic remains of the religious houses at Witham, Bruton, & Stavordale, com. Somerset , 
- Monastic remains of the religious houses at Witham, Bruton, & Stavordale, com. Somerset / collected by Sir Richard Colt Hoare, Bart., anno 1824.
- [Frome] : Crockers, printers, Frome, 
- Physical Description:
- ,151,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5861 .H63 1824+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by James Basire, John Cleghorn and George Hollis; after John Chessell Buckler, F. Crocker, and Bartholomew Howlett.
"Fifty copies printed. None for Sale."--Title page verso.
Title page printed in black and red.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half green calf and green cloth, with marbled edges. Bookplate: The Earl of Ilchester. Ms inscription: The Earl of Ilchester from the author. RCH. Label: H.M. Custard. Binder, Public Library, Poole.
- Subject Terms:
- Church architecture -- England -- Somerset.Crockers -- Printer.Custard, H.M. -- Binder.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Hoare, Richard Colt, Sir, 1758-1838 -- Pres. insc. to the Early of Ilchester.Ilchester, Earl of -- Bookplate.Ilchester, Earl of -- Pres. insc. from Richard Colt Hoare.Monasteries -- Great Britain.Monasticism and religious orders -- Great Britain.Ruins -- Great Britain.
- Privately published books (Publishing)
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.