IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hoare, Richard Colt, Sir, 1758-1838, The Pitney pavement , 1831
The Pitney pavement : discovered by Samuel Hasell, Esq. of Littleton, A.D. 1828 / and illustrated, with his notes, by Sir Richard Colt Hoare, Bart.
- [Frome] : Crocker, printer, Frome, 1831.
- Physical Description:
- 20 p., IX,  leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA3770 .H63 1831+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engravings by James Basire; after Samuel Hasell.
"Fifty copies printed. None for sale"--Title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy inscribed: For John Goodford Esq. RCH. In upper right corner: No. 4. Has printed slip tipped in before t.p.: Enlarged plans of these pavements, on a scale on one inch to a foot, and coloured after the original, may be had on application to Mr. Day, lithographer, Gate-Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- Subject Terms:
- Archaeology -- England -- Somerset.Architecture, Roman -- England -- Somerset.Classical antiquities -- England -- Somerset.Crocker -- Printer.England -- Antiquities, Roman.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1831.Geography -- England -- Somerset.Goodford, John -- Pres. insc. from RCH.Hasell, Samuel.Pavements, Mosaic -- England -- Pitney.Pitney (England) -- Antiquities, Roman.RCH -- Pres. insc. to John Goodford.Rome (Italy) -- Antiquities -- England -- Somerset.Rome -- Antiquities -- England -- Somerset.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.