Hofland, T. C. (Thomas Christopher), 1777-1843, Six views in Derbyshire , MDCCCV 
- Six views in Derbyshire : viz. four in Dove Dale and two in Matlock / from original drawings taken on the spot, by T. Hofland and T. Barber, and engraved by J. Bluck.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Views in Derbyshire
- Nottingham : Printed by E.B. Robinson, in the Poultry, and published by T. Barber, and T. Hofland, MDCCCV 
- Physical Description:
-  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 39 x 48 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 1 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 1 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- At head of title: Barber and Hofland's views
Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Views in Derbyshire.
Aquatint engravings by John Bluck; after T.C. Hofland, S. Padley, and Thomas Barber.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary blue paper wrappers, with publisher's printed title label.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary blue paper wrappers, lacking publisher's printed title label. Each plate accompanied by a tissue guard.
- 1. Dove Dale. A view of the Rock, known by the name of Dove-Dale Church -- 2. Dove Dale. A view of the Pyramidical Rocks, on the Staffordshire side of the River Dove, taken near the middle of the Dale -- 3. Dove-Dale. Moonlight, taken at the upper end of the Dale, the Rock on the right is known by the name of the Lion's Mouth -- 4. Dove-Dale. A view of the perpendicular rock; at the upper end of the Dale -- 5. Matlock. A view of Mr. Leedham's Baths, and Hotel, generally called the Old Bath -- 6. Matlock. A view of the celebrated Rock, at the Boat House.
- Subject Terms:
- Derbyshire (England) -- Pictorial works.Dove Dale (England) -- Pictorial works.Matlock (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Views -- England -- Derbyshire.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1805.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.