Hogarth, Joseph (Photographer), Works of the sketching society , 1858
Works of the sketching society / executed in photography by J. Hogarth Junr.
- London : Published by J. Hogarth, 5, Haymarket, 1858.
- Physical Description:
-  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 57 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2019 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The illustrations are hand-colored photogravures (?) printed on separate sheets which have been mounted to leaves of the volume in imitation of an intaglio artist's proof. Each plate has etched lettering below the image with title, imprint ("Excudit by J. Hogarth, Jun./London, Published Dec. 1. 1857, by J. Hogarth, 5, Haymarket"), "Sketching Society" at left, and a reproduction of the artist's signature at right.
Reproduces works by members of the Sketching Society, including Robert Trewick Bone, Alfred Edward Chalon, John James Chalon, Joshua Cristall, Charles Robert Leslie, John Partridge, Clarkson Stanfield, and Thomas Uwins.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Societies, etc. -- Great Britain.Art, British -- 19th century.Drawing, British -- 19th century.Sketching Society (London, England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.