Homfray, Jeston, 1797-1851, The castles of the Lordship of Glamorgan , 1828
- The castles of the Lordship of Glamorgan / by Jeston Homfray.
- Cardiff : Printed and published by W. Bird, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- 44 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA740.G5 H66 1828+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA740.G5 H66 1828+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography by William Rider; after Jeston Homfray. Printed by C. Hullmandel.
Each plate accompanied by leaf of descriptive letterpress.
Text printed in double columns.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Both are bound in the original printed wrappers. The plates in copy 1 are mounted on India paper. The plates in copy 2 are printed on plain paper.
- Cardiff -- Peterstone -- Talavan -- Neath -- Coity -- Lanblethian -- Penmark -- Sully -- East Orchard -- St. Georges -- Ogmore -- Fonmon -- Saint Donat's.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Wales -- Glamorgan.Bird, W. -- Publisher.Castles -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Glamorgan (Wales) -- History.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Landscapes -- Wales.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.