Hope, Thomas, 1770?-1831, Costume of the ancients , 1809
- Costume of the ancients / by Thomas Hope.
- London : Printed for William Miller ... by W. Bulmer and Co., 1809.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT545 .H67 1809+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Also published under the title: Costumes of the Greeks and Romans.
Engravings by Henry Moses and Richard Roffe; after Thomas Hope.
Issued the same year in an octavo one-volume edition.--Cf. BM.
BM (compact ed.), v. 12, 664
Colas, R. Costume, 1478
Lipperheidesche Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Ba19
Brunet, v. 3, p. 303
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled diced calf. Armorial bookplate: S.M. Barrett.
- Subject Terms:
- Barrett, S. M. -- Bookplate.Bulmer, W. -- Printer.Clothing and dress -- Greece.Clothing and dress -- Rome.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1809.Miller, William -- Publisher.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.