The gentleman's and builder's repository, or, Architecture display'd : containing the most useful and requisite problems in geometry ... / the designs regulated and drawn by E. Hoppus ... ; and engraved by B. Cole.
- Additional Title(s):
Gentleman's and builder's repository.
- Third edition : carefully revised and re-examined from the press; with the addition of a new frontispiece, representing the intended front of the new mansion-house for the Lord Mayors of the City of London ; and a complete table of contents, alphabetically digested by E.H. aforesaid.
- London, : Printed for C. Hitch ... J. Hodges ... and B. Cole, 1748.
- Physical Description:
- 101 p., lxxxiv leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2810 H6 1748Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Includes head- and tail- pieces.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 357
Other editions published in 1737, 1738, and 1760. Cf. Harris.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Orders -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1748.Geometry -- Early works to 1800.Woodbridge, Henry -- Autograph, 1748.
YCBA Collections Search
Hoppus, E. (Edward), d. 1739, The gentleman's and builder's repository, or, Architecture display'd : containing the most useful and requisite problems in geometry ... , 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.