Horne, Thomas Hartwell, 1780-1862, The lakes of Lancashire, Westmorland, and Cumberland , 1816
- The lakes of Lancashire, Westmorland, and Cumberland : delineated in forty-three engravings, from drawings by Joseph Farington, R.A. with descriptions historical, topographical, and picturesque : the result of a tour made in the summer of the year 1816 / by Thomas Hartwell Horne.
- London : Printed for T. Cadell and W. Davies, Strand. By J. McCreery, Black-Horse-Court, Fleet-Street, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 96 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L1 H67 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by W. Woolnoth, Samuel Middiman, John Scott, Frederick Rudolph Hay, John Byrne, John Pye, and John Landseer; after Joseph Farington. Map engraved by H. Mutlow; after Hebert.
Lettered title: Farington's lakes.
Bicknell, P. Picturesque scenery of the Lake District, 1752-1855. Cambridge, 1987, 86
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half-red morocco. Lacks half-title leaf.
- Subject Terms:
- Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Cumberland (England) -- Description and travel.Davies, W. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1816.Lake District (England) -- Pictorial works.Lancashire (England) -- Description and travel.McCreery, J. -- Printer.Westmorland (England) -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.