Hort, Lieutenant-Colonel, 1803 or 4-1857, The horse guards , 1850
The horse guards / by the two mounted sentries ; with twelve coloured illustrations.
- London : J. & D.A. Darling, 126, Bishopsgate Street: M'Glashan, Dublin; Menzies, Edinburgh; Griffin & Co. Glasgow; Whitmore, Manchester; Philip & Son, Liverpool, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 104 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUA656.H8 H7 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A satire on the administration of the Commander-in-chief's office under the Duke of Wellington"--Brit. mus. Cat.
"Darling & Son, printers, Leadenhall Street, London."--P. 104.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 363
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original illustrated boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Darling, D.A. -- Publisher.Darling, J. -- Publisher.Great Britain. Army. Royal Horse Guards (The Blues)Griffin & Co. -- Publisher.M'Glashan -- Publisher.Menzies -- Publisher.Philip & Son -- Publisher.Satire, English.Whitmore -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.