Examples of the architecture of Venice : selected and drawn to measurement from the edifices / by John Ruskin, author of "The stones of Venice" ...
- London : Published by Smith, Elder, and Co., 65, Cornhill; and Paul and Dominic Colnaghi & Co. Pall Mall East, MDCCCLI 
- Physical Description:
- , 6 pages, 15 [that is 16] leaves of plates : illustrations, plans ; 56 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2015 15 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2015 15 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and imprint from original covers.
Plates by T.S. Boys, R.P. Cuff, and J.C. Armytage.
At head of cover: Subscriber's copy.
Cover: printed paper wrapper, with ornamental title printed in red and black inside ornamental frame.
Originally issued in 3 parts.
Illustrations mezzotinted, engraved and lithographed.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, II, 304.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 174
BEIN Ruskin Folio 851e: No title-page. Title from front wrapper. Wrapper missing. Bookplate of H.C. von Post.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original parts; text and plates loose in printed portfolios (with cloth ties). Bookplate: 1880 Morton Kelsall Peto.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary dark green half morocco and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture -- Italy -- Venice.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Italy -- Venice.Peto, Morton Kelsall -- Bookplate.Post, H. C. von -- Bookplate.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900. Stones of Venice.Venice (Italy) -- Art and architecture.Venice (Italy) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.Venice (Italy) -- Pictorial works.
- Mezzotints -- 1851.
Lithographs -- 1851.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, Examples of the architecture of Venice , MDCCCLI