IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hort, John Josiah, 1824-1882, The days when we had tails on us , 1849
The days when we had tails on us : with fourteen coloured illustrations : dedicated to the officers of the British infantry.
- London : Printed and published by Newman & Co., 186, Bishopsgate Without. And may be had of all booksellers, 1849.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 24 p., 13 leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUC485.G7 H6 1849Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- By John Josiah Hort. Cf. Abbey.
Plates 3 to 13 signed: Newman Litho.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 362
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's illustrated wrappers. Bookplate: Albert M. Cohn. Inscribed: W. Mansell. 1st. Jany. 1850. To his godson William MacCulloch. March 1855.
- Subject Terms:
- Cohn, Albert M. -- Bookplate.English wit and humor.Great Britain. Army -- Uniforms.MacCulloch, William -- Pres. insc. from W. Mansele, March 1855.Mansell, W. -- Autograph, 1st Jany. 1850.Mansell, W. -- Pres. insc. to William MacCulloch, March 1855.Newman & Co. -- Publisher.Satire, English.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1849.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.