The man who eloped with his own wife / by Lieut. Colonel Hort, author of "The horse guards," "The days when we had tails on us," "The white charger," "Penelope Wedgebone," "The secretary." &c. &c. ; with three coloured illustrations, etched on steel, by Alfred Ashley.
- London : J. & D. A. Darling, 126, Bishopsgate Street, MDCCCL 
- Physical Description:
- , 68 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4803.H66 M3 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With a preliminary half-title leaf.
Printed by Darling & Son, printers, 31, Leadenhall Street.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 364
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original illustrated wrappers. Bookplate: George Folliott. Publisher's advertisement slip tipped in before page 1. Publisher's advertisements, 8 p. (16 cm.) and 4 p. (on blue paper) tipped in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Darling, D.A. -- Publisher.Darling, J. -- Publisher.Folliott, George -- Bookplate.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
Hort, Lieutenant-Colonel, 1803 or 4-1857, The man who eloped with his own wife , MDCCCL 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.