Hort, Lieutenant-Colonel, 1803 or 4-1857, Penelope Wedgebone, 
- Penelope Wedgebone: the supposed heiress / by Lieut.-Colonel Hort, author of "The horse guards," "The white charger," "The secretary," &c. &c. ; embellished with eight coloured etchings on steel, by Alfred Ashley.
- London: : J. & D.A. Darling, 126, Bishopsgate Street, 
- Physical Description:
- , 196, 8, 4 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4803.H66 P46 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With an added engraved t.p.
Printed by Darling & Son, 31, Leadenhall Street.
Preface is dated 1st June, 1850.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gilt-stamped orange cloth. Binder's ticket: Josiah Westley. Bookseller's label: H. Lewis bookseller 114 High St. Portsmouth. Publisher's advertisements, 8 p. and 4 p., tipped in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Darling & Son -- Printer.J. & D. A. Darling -- Publisher.Lewis, H. -- Bookseller.M.R.N.O. -- Provenance.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1850.Westley, Josiah -- Binder.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.