Miscellaneous writings of Henry the Eighth, king of England, France & Ireland : in which are included Assertion of the seven sacraments : Love letters to Anne Boleyn : Songs : Letter to the emperor : Two proclamations : Will / edited by Francis Macnamara.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence : Printed & published at The Golden Cockerel Press, mcmxxiv 
- Physical Description:
- , 7-218,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD332 .A4 1924Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Here end the Miscellaneous Writings of Henry VIII, edited & with a preface by Francis Macnamara. The type was composed by F. Young & A.H. Gibbs; the decorations, taken from contemporary portraits, engraved by Robert Gibbings; & the book printed by A.C. Cooper & W.R. Mills at The Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, in the county of Berkshire, England; and completed on the 30th day of October, 1924. The edition is limited to 365 copies of which 335 are for sale."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 22
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 78 of 365. Bound in quarter parchment with brown paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- History -- 1509-1547 (Henry VIII).Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547.Kings and rulers -- England.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547, Miscellaneous writings of Henry the Eighth, king of England, France & Ireland , mcmxxiv 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.