The costume of the British navy : as ordered by His Royal Highness the Lord High Admiral in 1828.
- London : Printed & published by Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co. Lithographers to H.R.H. the Duke of Clarence, 92, Dean Street, Soho, 1829.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVC305.G7 C67 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs by M. Gauci; after Edward Hull.
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 1504
Index to British military costume prints, 1500-1914, 466
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 336
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Lacking plate entitled " Physician February 1829" which is listed as plate 13 in the Index to British Military Costume prints. Bookplate: Terry.
- Subject Terms:
- Chron. 1829.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co. -- Publisher.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Uniforms -- Pictorial works.Military uniforms -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Terry -- Bookplate.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.