Hullmandel, Charles Joseph, 1789-1850, The art of drawing on stone , 1835
- The art of drawing on stone : giving a full explanation of the various styles, the different methods to be employed to ensure success, the modes of correcting, and the several causes of failure / by C. Hullmandel.
- New edition revised, illustrated with plates.
- London: : Published by Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman ... and sold by Ackermann and Co. ... and by the author ..., 1835.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 79,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2420 H85 1835Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed by A. Valpy, Red Lion Court, Fleet Street"--T.p. verso and Colophon.
Plate VII has imprint: London : Published ..., 1839.
Plates printed by C. Hullmandel; plate VII drawn on stone by Hullmandel, plate IX drawn by W. Walton.
BAC: Bound in quarter roan with embossed purple cloth. Plate VIII is bound in as frontispiece; all other plates are bound in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.Lithography -- Technique.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman -- Publisher.Valpy, A. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.