The Stanbrook Abbey Press, 1956-1990 / David Butcher ; with an introduction by John Dreyfus ; and a memoir of Dame Hildelith Cumming by the Abbess of Stanbrook.
- Lower Marston, nr. Risbury, Herefordshire : The Whittington Press, 
- Physical Description:
- , x-xvi, 225,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.S779 B88 1992+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition of 350 copies is set in 12-point Romulus (the headings in 14-point Haarlemmer) and printed at Whittington on Zerkall mould-made paper. 17 copies (i-xvii) are bound in inlaid Oasis leather, 35 copies (I-XXXV) are bound in full Oasis leather with marbled endpapers, 50 copies (1-50) are quarter bound in vellum with marbled paper sides, and 248 copies (51-298) are bound in buckram with marbled paper sides. The leather and vellum copies are accompanied by a separate selection of leaves and complete publications printed at the Stanbrook Abbey Press. Bound by the Fine Bindery, in paper marbled by Colleen Gryspeerdt."--Colophon.
Issued in slip case; some plates tipped inches.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 214-216) and index.
SML,AOB: Copy numbers xxiv of a limited edition of 350 copies. Signed by author and Joanna Jameson.
BAC: British Art Center copy is numbers 109 of 350. Bound in orange quarter buckram with orange marbled paper sides. In original orange buckram slipcase. Signed by David Butcher and Joanna Jameson.
- Subject Terms:
- Cumming, Hildelith.Hereford and Worcester (England)PrintingPrivate press books -- England -- Worcester.Stanbrook Abbey. Press -- Bibliography.Worcester (England) -- Imprints.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Worcester.
YCBA Collections Search
Butcher, David, 1945-, The Stanbrook Abbey Press, 1956-1990 , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.