Froissart, Jean, 1338?-1410?, Illuminated illustrations of Froissart , 1845
Illuminated illustrations of Froissart : selected from the MS. in the British Museum / by H. N. Humphreys, Esq.
- London : W. Smith, 113, Fleet Street, 1845.
- Physical Description:
- vi p., 36 leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD113 .F788 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- London: Bradbury and Evans, Printers, Whitefriars.
Added engraved t.-p., colored.
With descriptive letterpress.
Illustrations partly from the mss. 4379 and 4380 of the Harleian collection (containing the fourth volume of Froissart's Chronicles divided into two parts) and partly from mss. in the Bibliothèque nationale at Paris. Intended to accompany Smith's edition of the Chronicles, London, 1844. A second series appeared under title: "Illuminated illustrations of Froissart. Selected from the ms. in the Bibliothèque royale, Paris, and from other sources." By H.N. Humphreys. London, W Smith, 1845. Cf. Brit. Mus. Catalogue. Both series, with the plates inserted in their proper places, are found in the reissue of Smith's edition, London, H.G. Bohn, 1855.
BAC: Uniformly bound with Illuminated illustrations of Froissart : selected from MS. in the Bibliotheque Nationale. London : W. Smith, 1845. (Copy 3)
McLean, Ruari. Victorian book design and colour printing, 1972. p. 99.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Illumination of books and manuscripts, French.Smith, William -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.