Aliquis, Pictorial Humpty Dumpty, 1843
- Pictorial Humpty Dumpty [graphic].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Humpty Dumpty
- London : Tilt & Bogue, Fleet Street, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 4 joined sheets : etching ; sheets end-to-end 9 x 184 cm, accordion folded to 9 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6109.97 .H86 1843Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Etchings after Aliquis.
Continuous strip-etching illustrating the nursery rhyme.
Preserved inside and affixed to an oblong pictorial folder with the verse printed in English and French on upper cover.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 559
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Variant issue: only 4 translations on verso of front cover. Uncolored. Bound in publisher's original illustrated boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's poetry.Fools and jesters.Humpty Dumpty (Legendary character)
- Nursery rhymes.
Panoramas -- England -- London -- 1843.
Etchings -- 1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.