An account of the settlement of New Plymouth, in New Zealand : from personal observation, during a residence there of five years / by Charles Hursthouse ... ; with a plan and views.
- London : Smith, Elder and co., 1849.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 160 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU430 .H87 1849Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 590
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by Ford & George; after Mr. Good and Mrs. Wicksteed.
Map signed: W. Carrington.
BAC: List of subscribers: p. [vii]-xvi.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
- Subject Terms:
- Ford & George -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1849.New Plymouth (N.Z.) -- History.New Zealand -- Description and travel.Smith, Elder and co. -- Publisher.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.Voyages and travels.
YCBA Collections Search
Hursthouse, Charles, An account of the settlement of New Plymouth, in New Zealand , 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.