A voyage to Africa : including a narrative of an embassy to one of the interior kingdoms, in the year 1820 : with remarks on the course and termination of the Niger, and other principal rivers in that country / by William Hutton ; illustrated with maps and plates.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- x, , 488 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT507 H98 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Printed by A. and R. Spottiswoode.
Illustrations by J. Clark and Sidney Hall; after William Hutton.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 280
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Fanti language -- Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.Ghana -- Description and travel.Ghana -- History -- To 1957.Ghana -- Languages.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown -- Publisher.Spottiswoode, A. and R. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.