Chavannes de la Giraudière, H. de, Les petits voyageurs en Californie , 1853
Les petits voyageurs en Californie / par H. De Chavannes de la Giraudière.
- Tours : Ad Mame et Cie, Imprimeurs-Libraires, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- , 188 p.,  leaves of colored plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF865 .C53 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Zc96 C2 C398 P4 Copy 1: Imperfect:  leaf of plates wanting. Blind- and gilt-stamped green textured cloth publisher's binding with mother and two children reading on upper cover and two children reading on lower cover; yellow endsheets. From the library of John Swingle.
BEIN Zc96 C2 C398 P4 Copy 2: Illustrated brown paper covered boards; plain endsheets. 21 cm. From the library of John Swingle.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gilt-stamped brown textured cloth publisher's binding. Upper board stamped with gilt centerpiece showing a mother and two children reading within a decorative frame; partly hand-colored in red, green and pink. Lower board stamped with a different centerpiece showing two children reading with inscriptions "Succes Bonne Conduite Travail" and "Ad. Mame et Cie Tours" and signed "Harhaus, graveur, Paris"; partly hand-colored in red, blue and yellow. Some hand-coloring in orange and blue on spine. Gilt edges.
BEIN Shirley 7357: Two leaves of plates only. Pale green patterned binding with gilt and black accents; yellow endpapers.
With a preliminary half title leaf.
Baird & Greenwood. California fiction, 459
- Subject Terms:
- California -- Gold discoveries -- Juvenile fiction.California -- Juvenile fiction.Harhaus -- Bookbinding designer (BACRB)Mame (Firm) -- Printer (BACRB)Swingle, John -- Ownership.
- Juvenile literature.
Chromolithographs -- 1852 (BACRB)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.