IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Chavannes de la Giraudière, H. de, Les petits voyageurs en Californie , 1853
Les petits voyageurs en Californie / par H. De Chavannes de la Giraudière.
- Tours : Ad Mame et Cie, Imprimeurs-Libraires, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- , 188 p.,  leaves of colored plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF865 .C53 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIN Zc96 C2 C398 P4 Copy 1: Imperfect:  leaf of plates wanting. Blind- and gilt-stamped green textured cloth publisher's binding with mother and two children reading on upper cover and two children reading on lower cover; yellow endsheets. From the library of John Swingle.
BEIN Zc96 C2 C398 P4 Copy 2: Illustrated brown paper covered boards; plain endsheets. 21 cm. From the library of John Swingle.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gilt-stamped brown textured cloth publisher's binding. Upper board stamped with gilt centerpiece showing a mother and two children reading within a decorative frame; partly hand-colored in red, green and pink. Lower board stamped with a different centerpiece showing two children reading with inscriptions "Succes Bonne Conduite Travail" and "Ad. Mame et Cie Tours" and signed "Harhaus, graveur, Paris"; partly hand-colored in red, blue and yellow. Some hand-coloring in orange and blue on spine. Gilt edges.
BEIN Shirley 7357: Two leaves of plates only. Pale green patterned binding with gilt and black accents; yellow endpapers.
With a preliminary half title leaf.
Baird & Greenwood. California fiction, 459
- Subject Terms:
- California -- Gold discoveries -- Juvenile fiction.California -- Juvenile fiction.Harhaus -- Bookbinding designer (BACRB)Mame (Firm) -- Printer (BACRB)Swingle, John -- Ownership.
- Juvenile literature.
Chromolithographs -- 1852 (BACRB)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.