Instructions for cutting out apparel for the poor; principally intended for the assistance of the patronesses of Sunday schools : And other Charitable Institutions, But Useful in all Families. Containing patterns, directions, and calculations, whereby the most Inexperienced may readily buy the Materials, cut out and value each Article of Cloathing of every Size, without the least Difficulty, and with the greatest Exactness : With a Preface, Containing a Plan for assisting the Parents of poor Children belonging to Sunday Schools, to clothe them; and other useful Observations : Published for the benefit of the Sunday school children at Hertingfordbury, In the County of Hertford; Where the above Plan has been found to be the best Encouragement to the Parents to send their Children to the Sunday School, and at the same Time the best Source of Employment for the Schools of Industry.
- London : Sold by J. Walter, Charing Cross, MDCCLXXIX
- Physical Description:
- xii, 85,  pages, ( folded leaves of plates) : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTX340 .T57 1789Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With two final pages containing 'A list of . articles and materials' and two leaves of index.
English short title catalogue, T078881
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gray paper boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Early works to 1800.Garment cutting -- Early works to 1800.Poor -- Great Britain.School children's clothing -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1789.
YCBA Collections Search
Instructions for cutting out apparel for the poor; principally intended for the assistance of the patronesses of Sunday schools , MDCCLXXIX
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.