Instructions in all kinds of gymnastic exercises : as taught and practised in the gymnastic institutions of Germany : designed as well for colleges, schools, and other places of education, as for private use. With eleven illustrative plates / by a Military officer.
- London : Printed for G. & W. B. Whitaker , Ave-Maria-Lane; and Oliver & Boyd, Edinburgh, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- , xii, 99,  p., 11 leaves of plates (2 folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV465 .I58 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Etched illustrations by W.S.
Printed by Shackel and Arrowsmith, Johnson's Court, Fleet Street.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 303
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original boards, with publisher's printed title label on spine. Inscribed: E. Hilfield.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Gymnastics -- Study and teaching.Hilfield, E. -- Autograph.Shackel and Arrowsmith -- Printer.Whitaker, G. -- Publisher.Whitaker, W.B. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Military officer, Instructions in all kinds of gymnastic exercises , 1823