A picturesque tour through Holland, Brabant, and part of France : made in the autumn of 1789 / illustrated with copper plates in aqua tinta from drawings on the spot, by Samuel Ireland ...
- London : May 1st, 1790, Printed for T. & I. Egerton, Whitehall, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD917 I74 1790+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title pages to both volumes are engraved, with aquatint vignettes.
A second edition with two additional plates was published in 1796.
The preface attributes the aquatints to Cornelius Apostool.
Samuel Ireland's original watercolors for the present work are in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (bound with a copy of the second printed edition: D917 .I74 1796+ Copy 2)
English short title catalogue, T139136
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 184
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. A large paper copy. Bound in half calf with marbled boards. Bookplate: J. Lane.
- Subject Terms:
- Belgium -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Brabant (Belgium) -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Egerton, T. & I. -- Publisher.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1790.France -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Lane, J. -- Bookplate.Netherlands -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1790.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1790.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1790.
YCBA Collections Search
Ireland, Samuel, -1800, A picturesque tour through Holland, Brabant, and part of France , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.