IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ireland, Samuel, -1800, Picturesque views on the River Thames , 1792
Picturesque views on the River Thames : from its source in Gloucestershire to the Nore : with observations on the public buildings and other works of art in its vicinity / by Samuel Ireland.
- London : Published by T. and J. Egerton, 1792.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (xvi, 209, viii, 258 p., [29, 27] leaves of plates) : ill. (chiefly col.), maps ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.T2 I62 1792+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- With an additional titlepage, engraved, bearing the date: June 1, 1791.
With wood-engraved vignettes within the text, unsigned.
Plates have accompanying protective sheets. Plates without signatures, date, or imprint.
English short title catalogue, T143308
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 430
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half russia with marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: J. Lane.
- Subject Terms:
- Lane, J. -- Bookplate.T. and J. Egerton -- Publisher.Thames River (England) -- Description and travel.Thames River (England) -- Pictorial works.Thames Valley (England) -- Description and travel.Thames Valley (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1792.
Wood engravings -- 1792.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.