The itinerant : a select collection of interesting and picturesque views, in Great Britain and Ireland / engraved from original paintings & drawings, by eminent artists.
- London : Printed for John Walker, engraver, Rosomans Street, Clerkenwell, [not before 1803]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 43 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With engravings at the top of each page (rectos only) and letterpress descriptions at bottom.
The engravings are dated between 1792 and 1803.
Title page is engraved.
Engravings by James Baily, N. Burnwhite, James Fittler, John Grieg, John Roffe, James Storer, Thomas Tagg, Trueman, John Walker, and J. Widnell; after George Arnald, James Bourne, W. Brand, John Britton, Edward Francis Burney, William Capon, Charles Catton, George James Corbould, Phillip Crocker, John Digby Curtis, Edward Dayes, John Emes, Francis Gibson, Thomas Girtin, Richard Bankes Harraden, J. Hassell, Thomas Hearne, George Holmes, J. Hornsey, Henry Jeayes, William Marlow, James Moore, Francis Nicholson, John Nixon, Amelia Noel, William Orme, David Parkes, Alexander Reid, Philip Reinagle, Christiana Phillippa Maria Rolle, George Samuel, Paul Sandby, T. Streatfeild, William Tayleure, J.M.W. Turner, John Valey, G. Walton, Andrew Wilson, and Francis Wheatley.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary calf. Bookplate: William Robert Hay., M.A. Date of publication effaced from title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Castles -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Hay, William Robert -- Bookplate.Historic buildings -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Steel engravings -- 1803.
Viewbooks -- Great Britain -- 1803.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.