Views in Affghaunistaun &c. &c. &c. : from sketches taken during the campaign of the Army of the Indus / by Sir Keith A. Jackson.
- Additional Title(s):
Views in Afghanistan
- London : W.H. Allen & Co. ... and T. M'Lean ..., [1840?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, ( leaves of plates) : col. ill., port., map ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS352 .J33 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography by W.L. Walton and Thomas Allom; after Keith A. Jackson. Plates printed by Hullmandel.
Engraved title page with vignette.
Dedication signed: Joseph Fowell Walton.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 506
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary brown moiré cloth, rebacked in later brown morocco. Title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Afghan Wars.Afghanistan -- Description and travel.Afghanistan -- Pictorial works.Allen, W. H. -- Publisher.British -- Afghanistan.Hullmandel -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
- [Map] Route of the army of the Indus 1839
- Portrait of an Affghaun
- Kondye, Bolan Pass
- Kondye, Bolan Pass
- Fort of Bukkur from Roree
- Hajee Ka Tau, an island just above the Fort of Bukkur on the Indus
- Fort of Bukkur and Roree from Sukkur
- Roree and Fort of Bukkur
- Persian water wheel, on the banks of the Indus
- Island on the Indus just below Bukkur
- Ruined gateway of the ancient fortress of Sehwaun
- Tombs at the burying ground Workee on the Ghoorla River
- Tomb near Tatta
- City of Caubul from Jellalabad Road
- Bala Nissar and Palace of Schah Shoojah ool Moulk Caubul
- Part of Jubbur Khan's House, near Caubul
- Ruined tower on the river at Maidaum-army marching
- Fort of Ghuznee from the Candahar Side
- Storming of Ghurznee, the Caubul Gate
- Abdool Rahmauns Fort
- Abdool Rahmuns fort, after the mines were sprung
- Quettah, Candahar Gate
- Kandahar from the South
- Kandahar Gate, Kelaat.