The military costume of India : in an exemplification of the manual & platoon exercises for the use of the native troops and the British army in general / by Capn. James.
- London : Printed and Published by T. Goddard, Military Library, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- , viii, 2-35 p., 35 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUC485.I4 J36 1814+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Sawyer & Son.
Title page is engraved.
Plates are dated 1813.
Incorrectly paged, with even numbers on rectos.
Index to British military costume prints, 1500-1814, 493
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 1536
Kunstbibliothek (Berlin, Germany). Katalog der Lipperheideschen Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Qh11
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 475
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later maroon half morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1814.Goddard, T. -- Publisher.Great Britain. -- Uniforms -- Pictorial works. ArmyMilitary uniforms -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Military uniforms -- India -- Pictorial works.Military uniforms in art.Soldiers in art.