Five views illustrative of the admired scenery of Hythe, Sandgate, Folkstone, and the vicinity : being the first delivery of a series of views, publishing by subscription, by W. Tiffen, Library, Hythe.
- [Hythe, Kent] : Library, Hythe, Dec. 9, 1816.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H95 J43 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by and after Joseph Jeakes.
"The number of subscribers at the date of publication is thirty-nine; as soon as nineteen other names are entered, the series will be completed by the publication of the three following: Acrise Place, Saltwood Castle, and Lympne Castle"--Cover.
Publisher's advertisements on back cover advertise the present series of views at one guinea a part, with a list of the thirty-nine subscribers.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 176
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's green printed wrappers. Tissue guards accompany plates 1, 4, and 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Folkestone (England) -- Pictorial works.Hythe (Kent, England) -- Pictorial works.Kent (England) -- Pictorial works.Sandgate (England) -- Pictorial works.Tiffen, W. -- Publisher
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
YCBA Collections Search
Jeakes, Joseph, Five views illustrative of the admired scenery of Hythe, Sandgate, Folkstone, and the vicinity , Dec. 9, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.