IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Jeakes, Joseph, Five views illustrative of the admired scenery of Hythe, Sandgate, Folkstone, and the vicinity , Dec. 9, 1816
Five views illustrative of the admired scenery of Hythe, Sandgate, Folkstone, and the vicinity : being the first delivery of a series of views, publishing by subscription, by W. Tiffen, Library, Hythe.
- [Hythe, Kent] : Library, Hythe, Dec. 9, 1816.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H95 J43 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations by and after Joseph Jeakes.
"The number of subscribers at the date of publication is thirty-nine; as soon as nineteen other names are entered, the series will be completed by the publication of the three following: Acrise Place, Saltwood Castle, and Lympne Castle"--Cover.
Publisher's advertisements on back cover advertise the present series of views at one guinea a part, with a list of the thirty-nine subscribers.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 176
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's green printed wrappers. Tissue guards accompany plates 1, 4, and 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Folkestone (England) -- Pictorial works.Hythe (Kent, England) -- Pictorial works.Kent (England) -- Pictorial works.Sandgate (England) -- Pictorial works.Tiffen, W. -- Publisher
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1816.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.