The naval achievements of Great Britain, from the year 1793 to 1817, 
The naval achievements of Great Britain, from the year 1793 to 1817.
- London : Printed for J. Jenkins, No. 48, Strand, by L. Harrison, 373, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
- viii,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC153 .N38 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Preface signed: James Jenkins.
Engravings by Thomas Sutherland, Joseph Jeakes, and J. Baily; after Thomas Whitcombe and Nicholas Pocock.
Publication date from Abbey.
Title page engraved.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 282
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 337
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Includes two extra plates (portraits of Nelson and Lord St. Vincent) called for in some copies, cf. Tooley. Each illustration, except extra portraits, included in a suite of three states: colored aquatint, uncolored aquatint and etched. Bookplate: Thomas Ridley Oswald. Bound in gilt-stamped red morocco binding, with gilt edges, leather doublures and yellow silk endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1817.France -- History, Naval -- 18th century.France -- History, Naval -- 19th century.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 18th century.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century.Jenkins, James -- Publisher.Oswald, Thomas Ridley -- Bookplate.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1817.
- Aquatints -- 1817.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1817.
- IIIF Manifest: