Memoirs of Miss O'Neill : containing her public character, private life, and dramatic progress, from her entrance upon the stage : with a full criticism of her different characters, appropriate selections from them, and some account of the plays she has preferred for her representations / Charles Inigo Jones, Esq. ; embellished with a coloured and highly-finished portrait of Miss O'Neill.
- Second edition
- London : Published by Sherwood, Neely and Jones, Paternoster-Row; and sold by all other booksellers, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- iv,100 p.,  leaf of plates : port.; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2598.O6 J6 1818Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Barnard and Farley, Skinner-Street, London.
The plate is a colored stipple-engraved frontispiece portrait of Elizabeth O'Neill, by J. Kennerly. Plate has imprint: London, Pubd. ... June 1, 1816, by David Cox, High St. Southwark.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 416
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Inscribed: British Theatre Exhibition 1530-1900. National Book League, 7 Albermarle Street. W.1. October-December 1950.
- Subject Terms:
- Acting -- Great Britain.Actresses -- Great Britain -- Biography.Barnard and Farley -- Printer.O'Neill, Elizabeth, 1791-1872.Sherwood, Neely and Jones -- Publisher.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.