The designs of Inigo Jones : consisting of plans and elevations for publick and private buildings / publish'd by William Kent, with some additional designs.
- [London] : [William Kent?], MDCCXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 46-52 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 79 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 79 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Preface attributes an unspecified portion of the designs to John Webb.
Includes extensive coverage of Inigo Jones' designs and plans for Whitehall Palace, architectural designs by Richard Boyle, 3rd earl of Burlington (vol. I, plates 70-73 and vol. 2, plates 10-12 and 51-53), William Kent (vol. I, plates 63-65 and 67-69) and Andrea Palladio's design of the church of Santo Georgio at Venice (vol. 2, plates 58-63).
Vol 1: 51 engraved plates numbered 1-73; 7 double-page plates have 2 numbers each; 5 double-fold plates have 4 numbers each. Vol 2: 46 engraved plates numbered 1-63; 17 double-page plates have 2 numbers each.
Engravings by Pierre Fourdrinier, Henry Hulsberg, Antoine Herisset, Bernard Baron, and John Cole; after Henry Flitcroft and William Kent.
Title vignette; engraved head and tail pieces.
English short title catalogue, T31727
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 1624
Harris, E. British Architectural books and writers, 385
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 166
BAC: Brtitish Art Center copy 1 in 2 volumes. Bound in contemporary paper covered boards, rebacked in calf. Autograph: W. Vyse.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in 1 volume. Large paper copy. Bound in contemporary blind-stamped calf. Bookplate: Richard Blackett Beaumont.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Banqueting House (London, England)Beaumont, Richard Blackett -- Bookplate.Vyse, W. -- Autograph.Whitehall Palace (London, England)
- Engravings -- 1727.
YCBA Collections Search
Jones, Inigo, 1573-1652, The designs of Inigo Jones , MDCCXXVII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.