The landscape alphabet.
- [London] : Printed by C. Hullmandel, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2347.6.J66 A4 1831+Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- 26 chalk lithographed plates each depicting a letter of the alphabet. Some signed by L.E.M. Jones.
Probably published in 1831, as a charity publication in aid of the Hospital-Ship Grampus. Cf. Twyman.
Lithographed calligraphic t.p.
Twyman, M. Landscape alphabet, p. 5-24
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks wrappers. Bound in half calf and marbled paper boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Alphabets.Hullmandel, C. -- PrinterLandscape in art.Letter-pictures.Lithography -- Specimens -- 
- Alphabet books -- England -- 1831.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.